How to delete Instagram account permanently from PC/Android/iPhone
Instagram is one of the most popular and widely used social media site with millions of active users sharing their images, videos, and stories. It is today’s eighth-biggest online community. Along with the most popular global chat apps Viber, WeChat, Snapchat and QQ, and its fellow Facebook owners Messenger and WhatsApp companies. The elimination from that list of specific amessaging apps makes Instagram the world’s third-largest social network.
It is an extraordinarily important platform for both brands and users. One can have an account on Instagram for fun or business purpose as they can connect people easily, make new friends on it, and do branding their products. But sometimes, when you have filled with the world with weird photo filters and new social networks on Instagram and need a break from social media networks or want to delete your account to lead a less digital culture-centered life.
Whether you’re trying to keep up your future work by removing your social media or just trying to reach out a little less to your phone, deactivating your social media accounts could lead to a healthier life.
How to delete your Instagram account from PC/Android/iPhone
Deleting your Instagram account permanently might be a big step, but if you’re prepared to stay free and spare time back in life, it’s very simple to delete your Instagram account. Here, in this article, we will explain to you how to delete your Instagram account permanently step by step by using your computer, iPhone, and even using your Android phone or devices. So, Let’s start with it.
Keep these things in your mind before you delete your Instagram account-
If you completely delete your Instagram account, your pictures, comments, and likes will also be deleted, and no hope is provided of retrieving any detected data from Instagram when the mind of the user is changed to come back. So, Please store a permanent record of your posts, profile information, and comments before deleting your account.
Follow these steps to save a permanent record of your Instagram account-
- In the first step, you have to open the Instagram account and now press the profile icon that is on the lower side in the right corner of your screen.
- Now in the second step, you need to tap on the three vertical lines that are in the upper right corner of your mobile screen and then select the “Settings” tab at the bottom.
- In the third step, what you to do is just select the “Privacy and Security” option from your Settings menu, then you will find the “Download Data” option.
- Now, we have reached in the last step, in this step, You just required to Enter your email address in which you want to collect your data then tap “Request Download.”
After completing this process, Instagram will email a complete file with the profile info, photos, comments, and anything else you might need to access in the future to the email address which you have given within two days. Even if you think you’re not going to need this information again, just avoid collecting data before deleting your Instagram account-
Here are several steps of deleting your Instagram account from computer/iPhone/android
How to delete an Instagram account by using windows computer
You can delete your Instagram account on PC with 2 two different methods. Let’s take a look at how to delete your Instagram account on PC.
Method 1: Delete Instagram Account –
- In this method, firstly, you have to open your account by visiting the Instagram homepage. Then click on this link https://help.instagram.com/.
- Now, you will have to select “Managing your account” on the left side of the window on the Instagram help center page.
- After clicking the “Managing your account” tab, you will see the option to “Delete your account” on the left side of the screen. Just click on it.
- Now you will see all of the relevant topics on the right side of your screen. You just need to press on the second one, “How do I delete my account.”
- Once you click on it, you will find the content of the “Delete Your Account Page,” and the link will also be shown. That’s what you wanted. To reach the right page, Just click on the link.
- At last, you got the “Delete Your Account.” Section successfully. Now choose and select a reason to delete your account before continuing. This is a necessary step, and before you complete this task, you can not go forward.
- Once you have chosen a particular reason, the option to “reenter your password” will appear.
- It must be applied again. You only have to reenter your password and then press the “Permanently delete my account” tab.
Method: Delete Instagram Account Permanently –
It is a direct method of getting you to the “Delete Your Account Page.” Follow these steps
- In the first step, you need to go to the Delete Account Page by clicking on this link
https://www.instagram.com/accounts/login/?next=/accounts/remove/request/permanent/ to your desktop.
- When required, Login and choose a reason for deleting your account from the drop-down menu, and you can not skip this step as it is a compulsory step to proceed ahead.
- After selecting the particular reason, You are just required to reenter your password in the specific text box and then press the “Permanently delete my account” tab at the bottom of the page.
Now, you have successfully deleted your Instagram account on your computer.
How to delete an Instagram account using Android
1. In the very first step, You just need to open your Instagram app and Login to your account.
2. Once logged into your account, you need to click the profile icon that is at the right corner at the bottom.
3. Now, in the third step, you have to select on the three verticle lines sign that is in the upper right corner, then click “Settings” in the lower right corner.
4. Now, we have reached on the fourth step, in this step, you just need to scroll down until you do not find the “Help Center” option that is under the category of ”’Support.”
5. After clicking on the “Help Center” tab, it will open a new page where you will see the ”managing your account” option that is the second option on your mobile screen. just click on that
6. Now, you will find the “Delete Your Account” option. Click on it.
7. Now, it will show you all of the relevant topics. You are just required to press on the second one, “How do I delete my account” because you are going to delete your account permanently.
8. After clicking on it, a link to “Delete Your Account page” will be shown on the next page. Now, click on the link to proceed further.
9. In this step, you are required to enter your accounts username and password or continue with Facebook in order to verify the account you want to delete.
10. Now, Coming on the 10th step, you will need to tap “Login” to proceed to the “Delete Your Account” page.
11. At last, you have got the “Delete Account” page where you need to choose the reason for deleting your Instagram account.
12. After selecting the reason, You must reenter your password to verify the deletion of your account, and there is no confusion in this and press the “Permanently Delete My Account” option at the bottom of the page.
How to delete an Instagram account by using iPhone/iOS Devices
You may have been disappointed to find that there is no obvious way to delete your Instagram account from the Instagram app. Luckily, you can still delete your account via the Help Center option from the Instagram app. it’s easy to remove your Instagram account. Also note that once your account is deleted, you can not retrieve any of the information from your Instagram. Follow these steps to delete your Instagram account from the iPhone.
1. In the first step, what you have to do is click on your Instagram app to open Instagram. Log in to your Instagram account by entering your username or password or continue with facebook if you are not logged in.
2. now, in the second step, you need to click on the profile icon that is at the lower right corner of your screen.
3. in the third step, you need to tap on the Setting tab that is at the right side on the top of your screen.
4. Coming to the fourth step, you need to scroll down to get the “Help Center” option. This is under the “Support” group of the settings options. Click on it.
5. Now we have reached the fifth step, in this step, what you have to do is click on the “Managing Your Account” tab that is close to the top of your ios device.
6. In the sixth step, you are just required to press the “Delete Your Account” tab. This will lead you to a help page containing information on your account deletion.
7. In this step, you have to click on “How do I delete my account?”. It will open the next page where you will find the link to delete your Instagram account.
8. Now, we have reached the eighth step; you have to click on the “Delete your account page” link that is given in the first numerical step here.
9. Now, you need to enter your account’s username and password for verification of your account which you want to delete.
10. click on the “Login” tab to proceed to the “Delete Your Account” page.
11. Now at the lower side of the page, you have to choose the particular reason for deleting your Instagram account by tapping it.
12. After choosing the reason for deletion, you need to click on “Done.”
13. In this step, You must reenter your account password in the ‘”To continue, please enter your password” text box.
14. Now, on the last step, You have to click on the “Permanently delete my account “button. This will delete your account and all the related content.
How can you deactivate an Instagram account
Instagram has a temporary option to disable everything if you are worried about permanently erasing everything on Instagram, or if you would just like to take a break from the social media network.
If only you need to get out of Instagram, but you do not want to take the risk of your pictures or think you might come back to it in the future, temporarily disabling your account is the best solution. So, follow these steps to disable your Instagram account:
1. Firstly, you need to log in to your Instagram account from a computer or mobile browser. Sadly, the Instagram app can’t disable your Instagram account.
2. After logging into your Instagram account, you have to click on the person icon that is at the top right corner to access your profile.
3. Now, in the third step, what you have to do is tap on the “Edit Profile” tab.
4. Coming to the fourth step, you need to scroll down to the bottom of the page and then tap on the “Temporarily disable my account” option, which is on the lower side at the left-hand corner.
5. In the fifth step, you have to select the reason for disabling your Instagram account from the drop-down menu that is under “Why are you disabling your account?” option.
6. Now, we have reached the sixth step; in this step, you have to Reenter your password.
7. In the final step, you just need to tap on the “Temporarily Disable Account” button, and your account has been deactivated now until you choose to reactivate it. It might take a couple of hours.
How can you reactivate your Instagram account
When your mood has been changed, and you have decided to come back again on Instagram account, you can reactivate your disabled account by following these simple steps. So, have a look.
1. In the first step, you need to log in to your Instagram account again.
2. To do so, you are required to visit the instagram.com and then log in with your username and password to restore your deactivated Instagram account.
In case, when you do not remember your password, just reset your password by tapping on “forgot your password.” Still, you are having some problems. Contact the Instagram Help Center.
So, In this article, we have provided you some easy steps regarding how to delete your Instagram account from PC/Android/iPhone, how to deactivate an Instagram account, and how to reactivate an Instagram account. Hopefully, by following these methods, you may delete, disable, and reactivate your Instagram account easily. If you have some queries related to this topic. Just drop the comment in the comment box or contact to the Instagram Help Center.