How to delete Amazon account
Amazon is the most popular website where everybody reaches in order to purchase something. This online store is the epicenter of electronic commerce that registered an exceptional growth in recent years as a result of the normalization of purchases on the Internet.
Due to this, it is not surprising that there are millions of people registered as buyers within this platform in order to make transactions easily. Besides this, sellers also find this place a good way of doing business. But not everything is a kindness.
Those who subscribe to the Prime program over time may have complaints about lost agility when it comes to moving shipments, as well as the shadow of a possible increase in fees that makes many people wonder if it is really worth paying for it.
Faced with the sellers, the percentages of profit that remain and the possible incidents with buyers are reasons that encourage Amazon to leave and, therefore, to look for how to eliminate an Amazon account.
How to delete Amazon account
How to delete Amazon account
Here we will explain step by step what needs to be done at the time of requesting the withdrawal from both the buyer’s and the seller’s perspective.
Solutions for each case and, also, for what they decide to cancel the Prime plan to move to a free and more normal system.
Search what you are looking for in the field of requesting the low profile within Amazon, here we will give you the answers that you may need with all kinds of details.
Steps to delete Amazon account in a definitive way
Within Amazon, there are two types of users, those who enter as buyers and those who enter as sellers. In this section of the guide, we will explain the steps to finally close the account in both cases.
No matter what your role was within this portal, you can close the profile without problems.
Delete Amazon account as a buyer
In the case of wanting to unsubscribe as a buyer in the Amazon portal, you just need to follow these simple instructions to get it. Take a look and do what we tell you:
- Enter your computer’s web browser and, in the address bar, type the URL of the Amazon homepage to access it: www.amazon.in.
- Once there, hover over “Hello. Identify yourself. Account and lists ” and, when the drop-down menu opens, click on the yellow” Identify “button.
- On the next screen, enter the email address or the phone number you have assigned to your user profile first. Then, press the “Continue” button.
- Now, it is necessary that you write the access password in the new field that appears, respecting the capital letters if there is one. When you finish, click on “Log in” and you will already be in your profile.
- Again on the home screen, find the “Help” section below the search bar and click on it.
- After this, go down to the section “Check our help pages”. There, pass the mouse with the phrase “Do you need more help?” And, after doing so, click on the “Contact us that appears on the right” option.
- Here, the first thing you should do is press the “Prime and others” box.
- Once marked, go down to point 2 and open the drop-down next to “Select a problem”. In it, choose the option “Update your account information”.
- When you have done it, open the drop-down that has appeared just below and, there, choose “Close account”.
- You will see that several options appear below. You can choose the phone call, mail or even text chat to request the withdrawal of your buyer profile on Amazon. Choose what you choose, you will have to contact the assistance team to be in charge of completing the process.
Cancel Amazon account as a seller
The Amazon seller accounts have a different procedure at the time of being canceled if compared with the buyer.
Everything is managed through a different website, although, as you can see now, it’s not difficult at all:
- Before doing anything, you need to open your computer’s web browser. From there, you will enter the Amazon Seller website using the URL that we leave here: https://sellercentral.amazon.in/.
- When you are inside, go to the upper right corner of the page and click on the button with the text “Identify yourself”.
- After this, you have to fill in the form that appears on the screen with various data. In the first field, it is necessary that you write the telephone of your account or the linked mail. In the second, you have to do the same with the password, although remembering to respect uppercase. Done this, click on “Log in”.
- You are already inside your profile. Now, go back to the top right and click on the “Help” option.
- A drop-down menu will open in the right area with several points and important details. Go to the bottom and click on the central button, in “Contact us”,
- In this new screen, go to the left column and open the “Your account” section. Inside it, press the option “Close your account” and, on the right side, click on the one with the same name.
- At this point, you have to fill out another form with certain information. Enter your contact email, a phone number and indicate your desire to unsubscribe the seller profile on Amazon. After this, press the button to send your request and soon they will contact you to finish processing it.
How to unsubscribe from my Amazon Prime subscription?
In case you are looking for the method to cancel your Amazon Prime subscription because the trial month is over and you are not interested or simply because you do not want to continue paying the fee, the process is very simple. Next, we explain what you have to do:
- Open the browser on your computer or your smartphone and, in the address bar at the top, enter this URL: https://www.amazon.in/gp/primecentral
- Inside, you probably have to log in. Start by typing your email or the mobile number linked to your user profile and press the button to continue.
- Now, do the same with the access code. Again, press the button and, this time, you will have finished the login.
- At this point, there are two possible paths to follow:
- You are not in the trial period: if so, just look for the option ” Cancel subscription ” and click on it.
- You are in the trial period: here, you must first press ” Do not update ” and then do the same with the phrase “Deactivate automatic update”.
Following these steps, you will have finished asking for the closure of your Prime account and you will be a normal buyer again.
It is worth mentioning that the process does not end up being effective until a minimum of 2 working days passes since the service must perform certain procedures that last a while.